Enjoyable and Productive Activities
Inside Free Activities or Movie
This time involves the free flow of inside manipulation, toys and games while the staff waits for all of the children to arrive.
This involves a discussion of who is here and who is not here, which allows the children to develop both verbal and awareness skills. This time also involves a discussion of the activities for the day. Weather will also be discuessed and observed.
This time allows the children to learn in a variety of areas inside/outside including:
- Writing Center: Allows children to learn how to write their first and last name. Students will learn to write and recognize the alphabet.
- Perceptual Motor: Develop intellectual skills such as numbers, colors, shapes and sequence (matching, sorting games, puzzles and manipulative).
- Science, Math Table, Texture Tubs: To experiment with different concepts (amounts, sizes, shapes and colors).
- Art Table: Expression of creativity, to experiment with colors, shape textures and other materials.
- Block Building: Develops a sense of balance with objects, creative expression, sorting, matching and socialization.
- 10:30am-11am: Dance Class/Music and Movement
Move freely to different *moods* or music with your body, scarves and other props.
Children get to experiment with musical instruments and marching.
- This allows the children to play in a variety of outside areas including:
Tricycles for gross motor skills Climbing apparatus for large muscle development and control
Balls for hand coordination skills Jump ropes for body and hand coordination skills
Art area to experiment with different colors
Clean-up from Lunch and Toileting
- This time allows the children to nap on individual cots, with blankets that are brought from home.
Inside or Outside Activities
This time involves the free use of inside and outside manipulatives, toys and games while the staff waits for all of the children to depart.
Prepare for Bedtime